Monday, October 30, 2006

Execution engine is finally done

Took me long enough, but with a new job, time has been scarce. Everything is running and really fast (simple templated page takes 20ms to generate using debug code and <10ms in release). The only thing I need to tune is the number of queues and threads per queue to optimize performance.

Next step is to create modules (similar to the way context jars work in tomcat), currently the content is deployed by a script, but being able to package it in a zip and let the execution serve deploy (again like tomcat) is a nice feature.

Using SQLite3 as a database has been very handly, it is a single file database that I can just drop wherever I need without having to install SQL server and deploy data. For larger scale I would look to MySQL or postgreSQL, but for development it's a joy to use.

I am also going to switch away from CVS, getting tired of it. I may switch to SVN or something else that will allow me to use a networked drive as a repository and allow me to move files without having to much with the file system. CVS is great but lacking, I have used ClearCase in the past and really liked it, it does cost a lot.

No comments: